Friday, February 8, 2008

Homefun information

Wow! Week 1 over already! It's been a very busy week and I think that the students in Room 11 have coped remarkably well, especially those who are new to the Senior Skyscrapers team and are still finding out how we do things here.

I am really pleased to see most children staying on top of their homefun and getting their book signed off every night.

Parents, please expect spelling, basic facts and reading homefun every week night. On occasions there may be extras as well, which will be noted in homefun diaries. I do expect the children to read for a minimum of 15 minutes each night. This does not have to be silent reading. It might be that they read YOU a bed time story instead, or even just share a book with you, taking turns to read and discuss the story. Any reading is good reading. By the end of the year this will be increased to half an hour and homefun will require more thought and effort, in preparation for year six or intermediate. The Murray Ball reading group has received their reading log, which needs to be glued into their homefun book and filled in and signed off each night. I am quite happy for children to read their own personal books at home for their reading log but if you would like me to send books home instead please let me know. The Barry Crump and Joy Cowley reading groups will be getting their reading logs next week.

I don't usually send homefun home on weekends, as many of you are quite busy enough with sports, etc, and I think you deserve a bit of a break!

As always, please let me know if the homefun arrangements do not suit you or feel free to ask me if you are concerned about anything.

My email is kbradshaw@riverdale.school.nz if you would like to send me a quick query,otherwise I am happy to catch up at school.

I have had a lovely week. I hope everyone else is feeling as comfortable and settled as I do. Have a nice weekend!

No comments: