Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quiddage

Today we organised ourselves into our business groups for Quiddage, which will be an on-going financial literacy activity throughout the year. Each group is starting to think about the products or services they will provide and sell. Arts and crafts are popular as are food stalls, however, there are some rules that we discussed in class today.

Ideas must be original.
If you want to sell biscuits then you need to create unique and original flavours. Spinach and celery with chopped chives anyone???

Taxes apply.
Any product or service that requires New Zealand dollars will have a 60% tax on it's profits - so fnd ways to use recycled materials if possible.
Foods will have a sugar and fat tax of 90% of the profits if they contain sugar or fat in any quantities.

Some questions to think about before you begin making products are:
What sort of things do people like to buy?
Who will buy this? What will they pay for it?
How will I encourage more people to buy my products?
How will I package my products hygenically?
Is this quick and easy to make and will it sell for a fair price?
What is a fair price for my product?
How can I make my idea exciting and different so more people will come to look at my store?

The more out-of-the-box your ideas are the more likely it is that you will get lots of customers.

Remember... Quiddage products are made in your own time not school time. Have fun!

No comments: